Corra is a fast-growing, award-winning digital agency that specializes in ecommerce solutions for fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands. Winner of multiple Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards, we offer exciting and challenging projects with industry leading companies, competitive pay and health benefits, flexible work arrangements, ongoing career development, company outings, and tons of other perks.
We are seeking an Art Director who is a true self-starter and can work well in a fast-paced environment. You will coordinate a team of visual digital designers. You will also need to undertake hands-on design yourself when needed. You must have a degree in a web-focused Digital Design, Visual Communications or related program. You will either have agency experience, corporate experience or a combination of both. An excellent portfolio of web design projects will be required. Design experience with ecommerce systems is a significant plus.
As Art Director, you will work closely with our User Experience team to take high fidelity wireframes and usability information and ensure output of beautiful, highly functional visual designs that meet both customer needs and user expectations. Sample projects for you and your team could include designing custom templates for complex ecommerce responsive sites; mobile apps, in-store experiences, brand collateral, internal design support, creating mood boards and style tiles for creative concepting, pitch work alongside the sales time to sell design services, or assisting the Optimization team with creative brainstorming.
You will interact directly with clients, senior management, business analysts, interaction designers and software developers. You must have outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written—no exceptions. You will be familiar with standard web and mobile design technologies (HTML, CSS, Responsive Design) and expert in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch. You will have experience managing teams of creative professionals including a proven ability to allocate resources against a complex and rapidly evolving project portfolio.
- Degree in a Web-focused Digital Design, Visual Communications or related program
- Five (5) or more years experience in a designer role (agency, corporate or freelance) with a supporting portfolio
- Two (2) years experience as an Art Director or in comparable role managing teams of creative professionals.
- Proven ability to support the pre-sales process by presenting Corra’s design capabilities and portfolio in a compelling way via pitch work.
- Ability to fluently discuss your work and creative process
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Experience with fashion, beauty and/or lifestyle brands is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal ability (no exceptions)
- Experience designing for other form factors (iPhone, iPad, other mobile devices) is a plus