How would you like to work for one of the top Magento firms in the world? If you’re looking to be part of a company that fosters creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly prizes its people and culture, then you want to look at Corra. We offer a friendly work environment with flexible work from home schedules, competitive 401K options & bonuses, and we are proudly the winner of multiple Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards.
Corra is looking for a Technical Lead to join our team. The Technical Lead will work with our project and support teams to provide our clients with high quality development services. They will work with the team on new ecommerce projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the projects. In addition, they will maintain and enhance existing ecommerce websites while adhering to best practices. Preferably an experienced ecommerce professional, the Technical Lead will have a passion for researching and learning the latest digital technologies.
- Work with the Corra team on new ecommerce projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project
- Maintain and enhance existing ecommerce websites while adhering to best practices
- Play a significant role in the requirements gathering, working with Solution Strategists and Delivery Managers by providing technical suggestions.
- Partake in Scrum and Sprint planning calls and provide technical input (approach, estimate)
- Create high level technical design documentation
- Perform code review before deployment and provide technical review/ feedback to engineers
- Review Magento Patch and Security upgrades and provide a technical impact analysis document
- Have a detailed technical understanding on work happening in assigned projects
- Have technical ownership of groups of projects
- Magento experience required
- Significant PHP experience, including experience building object-oriented websites in PHP
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC frameworks
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries)
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the Magento platform
- Knowledge of Magento development best practices, including extending existing functionality, creating custom modules, and working with its API
- Working experience with the ecommerce development process, and the ability to create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform
- Experience with Zend Framework
- Understanding of common web analytics suites (Google Analytics, Omniture) and experience implementing these systems
- Comfortable researching and adopting new web technologies.
- Familiar with SEO / SEM best practices