The Corra team spent this week in sunny Florida for Demandware XChange ’16. Not only was the venue and the weather second to none, there was great content and inspiration to take away.
While we spent time on the floor in the Partner Showcase networking with retailers and fellow solutions providers, the conference also featured many informative keynotes and breakout sessions for attendees. A main focus this year was the customer experience, and creating a unified ecommerce operation across all channels. Or as Demandware CEO Tom Ebling put it in his keynote, “Make the journey from inspiration to purchase as simple and easy as possible.”
This theme carried throughout the entire conference to the final session from Shep and Ian Murray, co-founders of Vineyard Vines. They strive to create an “every day should feel this good” experience in their stores. Then, they look to where online purchases are happening to decide where to open new stores. “The more stores we open, the more business we get online,” Shep said, demonstrating the importance of the multichannel strategy in the modern retail environment.
Demandware also gave attendees a sneak-peek at what’s to come in 2016 from the platform. From full-featured store apps, out-of-the-box omnichannel capabilities, personalization services, and more great options, there are many exciting features on the horizon for Demandware users.
In case you missed out, here are some more takeaways from XChange ’16:
- Uniqlo’s CEO of Global Ecommerce, John Fleming, reminded attendees, “The future of retail is not how many stores you build but now many customers you serve.”
- John Hazen, SVP Direct-to-Consumer of True Religion, drove the multichannel point home: “If a store associate doesn’t get credit for a sale in real time, on a daily basis, they will view unified commerce tools as the enemy.”
- The Demandware Commerce Pacesetter Awards were announced: Carter’s won the Sustained Growth Award, while Cole Haan took home the Innovation Award.
- Tom Brady packed the house, speaking about teamwork and its importance to success and partnerships.
- The Barenaked Ladies put on a great show, entertaining the crowd with their old hits and a new little ditty about Demandware!
Learn more about Corra + Demandware here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
Corra is a New York, Los Angeles and London based digital commerce agency creating unified commerce experiences for fashion, lifestyle and beauty. Corra’s ecommerce strategy, design and technology professionals deliver rich shopping and buying experiences across all channels and devices. Our team is trusted by retailers of all sizes to implement and support the Magento Enterprise, Demandware and hybris platforms.